TLTP 025 – Stay Classy
Break time’s over, kids. It’s time to get back to class and get yourself some learning from The Last Tuesday Project!
This month we are looking at education, with Alex asking a question about class sizes? Hayley and Guest Tuesday Jane diligently research the topic in preparation for the test at the end of the lesson.
- Class size Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_size)
- Smaller Classes, Lower Salaries? The Effects of Class Size on Teacher Labor Markets Stanford University (http://hanushek.stanford.edu/publications/smaller-classes-lower-salaries-effects-class-size-teacher-labor-markets)
- China’s Most Crowded School Has 113 Children Per Classroom Sixth Tone (http://www.sixthtone.com/news/
1000089/chinas-most-) understaffed-school-has-113- children-class
No benefit in smaller classes, study finds The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/
- The class sizes debate is tired and asks the wrong questions The Guardian (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/13/class-size-debate-asks-wrong-question-simplistic)
Class Sizes The National Union of Teachers (https://www.teachers.org.uk/
- The Panopticon Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panopticon)
Are Schools Panoptic? University of Glasgow (https://core.ac.uk/download/
Dimensions of dialogue: large classes in China Science Direct (https://www.sciencedirect.com/
Ideal Class Size Mumsnet (https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/
- The Effect of Small Class Sizes on Mortality Through Age 29 Years: Evidence From a Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial Oxford Academic (https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/173/12/1468/205555)
- Class size – does it really matter? The Independent (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/class-size-does-it-really-matter-education-1573342.html)
- Project STAR: The Story of the Tennessee Class-size Study American Educator (https://www.aft.org/sites/default/files/periodicals/STARSummer99.pdf)
- Confucianism Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucianism)
Our next TWOsday episode, Episode 25a, will be released on Tuesday 14th August 2018.
Do you like what we do and want to show your support? Well, you can now give us a helping hand via Patreon! Just go to https://www.patreon.com/LastTuesdayProject. If every listener gave us a dollar a month, we will be able to furnish Tuesday Tower with all sorts of hipster paraphernalia, as well as get Shaun a Hipstermatic 3000 beard trimmer for his birthday. Please donate – he’s in dire need of a trim.
This month’s icon uses the photo Beaverton School 1902 (Beaverton, Oregon Historical Photo Gallery) (23) from Wikimedia Commons. The original is in the public domain.
With huge thanks, as usual, to Strong4Life for the use of his music.