Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Welcome to the Last Tuesday Project!
In this episode, Alex asks an unusual question… Do all roads really lead to Rome? Hayley and Shaun puzzle over this, covering the manipulation of data, whether roads actually lead away from Rome, and how many dinari it would cost to get from Lindum Colonia to Roma. All this, plus plenty more, in this week’s historic (and ambling) episode.
- ORBIS: The Stanford Geospatial Network Model of the Roman World http://orbis.stanford.edu/
- VICE Creators: Do all roads lead to Rome? https://creators.vice.com/en_us/article/9an8gy/do-all-roads-lead-to-rome-the-answer-is-surprisingly-beautifuleators.vice.com/en_us/article/9an8gy/do-all-roads-lead-to-rome-the-answer-is-surprisingly-beautiful
- Dead Ringers: Simon Schama vs David Starkey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfXJeKoDzY
- Moovel Lab: Roads To Rome http://roadstorome.moovellab.com/
- Condé Nast: The Secret Of The Saying ‘All Roads Lead To Rome’ https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2015-12-28/the-secret-to-the-saying-all-roads-lead-to-rome
Do you like what we do and want to show your support? Well, you can now give us a helping hand via Patreon! Just go to https://www.patreon.com/LastTuesdayProject. If every listener gave us a dollar a month, we will be able to furnish Tuesday Tower with all sorts of hipster paraphernalia, as well as get Shaun a Hipstermatic 3000 beard trimmer for his birthday. Please donate – he’s in dire need of a trim.
With huge thanks, as usual, to Strong4Life for the use of his music.