Welcome to our birthday party – this month, The Last Tuesday Project is a year old! And we’ve decided to give ourselves a birthday present by talking about a subject we’re all a little obsessed with… the phenomenon that are numbers stations.
Shaun acts as Dimbleby, while Alex and Hayley dig deep into this fascinating and somewhat conspiratorial subject. Alex goes off on one about the nerdy parts of this subject, and Hayley shows her ghoulish side.
And, for once, here are the show notes! (Yes, I know, I’m as shocked as you.)
- Tracking The Lincolnshire Poacher (BBC Radio 4 documentary) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvr6o7fBcTY
- Radio 4’s Long Wave Goodbye (The Guardian) https://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/oct/09/bbc-radio4-long-wave-goodbye
- Priyom http://priyom.org/
- HF Underground https://www.hfunderground.com/
- Japanese Holdouts https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_holdout
- Twente WebSDR (short wave radio tuner) http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/
- The Vocoder: Speech Scrambling To Robot Rock (NPR) http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126781688
- Spy Radio: Numbers Stations (Skeptoid #107) https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4107
- Numbers Stations (99% Invisible #97) http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/numbers-stations/
Did you miss Shaun and Alex embarrassing themselves by taking a maths test for a ten year old? In that case you should go back and listen to Episode 12a.
Our next TWOsday episode, Episode 13a, will be released on 8th August.
Do you like what we do and want to show your support? Well, you can now give us a helping hand via Patreon! Just go to https://www.patreon.com/LastTuesdayProject. If every listener gave us a dollar a month, we will be able to furnish Tuesday Tower with all sorts of hipster paraphernalia, as well as get Shaun a Hipstermatic 3000 beard trimmer for his birthday. Please donate – he’s in dire need of a trim.